Just a Ring and Antiques

So, my wonderful boyfriend (future husband) Jake, was sweet enough to surprise me with the Elizabeth and James Ring that I had earlier blogged about. It fits perfectly and looks so cute stacked under my other ring and also very chic when standing alone. The markings on the side make the ring standout and the gold accent matches the rest of my gold and silver mixings that I layer on my wrists and fingers. But lets not forget what else I recently got in the mail, my Kenneth Jay Lane pearl and key necklace. The chains a little shorter than expected and the size of the pearl is definitely bigger than expected as well, but its so classy and antique looking that it's a perfect little complement to any outfit. I have a strong belief that antiques are the perfect way to add a little mystery to your outfit. The idea that an accessory has had more of a nightlife of scandal than I ever will or has attended more tea parties with upscale hosts than I'll ever get to attend gives a different kind of confidence than a platform pump could give me. An antique gives your outfit an effortless history and story that my BrutaLBudget can't get enough of.